World of Tanks Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Issue with Python 2.7 removal

MacOS 12.3 removed Python 2.7 as it is EOL since 1.1.2020.
This causes the wrapper not to start.

Same issue here. Wargaming launcher is broken since the Monterey 12.3 update and the removal of Python2. Any chance to get this updated for python 3 since 2.7 hit end of life over 2 years ago?

Tanks ran great with this wrapper on the new M1 Pro/Max up until now.

Same over here. ¿Any chance to get an update?

Thank you very much

Same here, wot launcher dead since this morning....

Hi all,

We are working with Wargaming on an update for Monterey 12.3, but I don't have an ETA right now, since the update will ultimately need to be released by Wargaming.

Best,
Meredith

Thank you Meredith for the feedback.

¿Could you please update us on this thread? I can´t find too much information about this issue on the web.

Thaks again

It would be interesting to know the following - if possible:

Has a solution been found?

If so, has WG indicated whether or not they will approve?

If so, has WG indicated a release date for the solution?

If not, is it possible to disclose an anticipate ETA?

Why?

So macOS users can decide what their options are - e.g., install MS Windows via Boot Camp for those with Apple-branded Intel based hardware, gnash their teeth if they have Apple-branded Apple Silicon based hardware as there is no MS Windows or CrossOver solution for them.

Hi,
anything new to this issue? WOT is still not working :(

Same here, from the killing of Python on macOS I am not longer able to play it on macOS, very bad situation. I hope strongly, that WOT is making a fast solution for that problem. I love to play WOT, but now it is not longer possible on my Mac. :(

W. Piehler wrote:

Same here, from the killing of Python on macOS I am not longer able to play it on macOS, very bad situation. I hope strongly, that WOT is making a fast solution for that problem. I love to play WOT, but now it is not longer possible on my Mac. :(

Apple removed bundled Python 2 binary as it was sunset by the Python Software Foundation on 1 January 2022. This means no new bug reports, fixes, or changes will be made to Python 2.

Additionally Apple has been warning developers that it will remove scripting languages, like Python, from macOS since the initial beta release notes from macOS Catalina [macOS 10.15]

So the issue with the WG Game Center wrapper no working lies with the developer of the app - Wargaming - not Apple.

That said is there a fix for macOS 12.3 users?

If so, has the fix been submitted to WG for distribution from their website?

If so, hopefully WG will release shortly.

Hi folks,

To the best of my knowledge, Wargaming released the updated version that should work on macOS 12.3 today. As a friendly reminder, our ticket system is the best way to handle questions about our PortJump clients like Wargaming.

Best,
Meredith

Its already working :)

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWjVyaFFhSHJZeWRaYlhrdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9