World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mangler sound while in World of Warcraft

I am trying to use Mangler for vent while playing World of Warcraft. Mangler works fine when game isn't running, but when game starts sound stops. Anyone know of any settings I need to change?

Using Linux Mint. It is a usb headset. Mangler is setup with ALSA.

That there is your problem. You need to use PulseAudio. Any device requesting access to audio HW via ALSA has exclusive access to that audio HW.

Sorry for the long delay in response. Got a baby which greatly limits my online time right now.

Thanks didn't know that about ALSA. I setup Mangler with PulseAudio. Still having trouble getting game sound and vent. When I start WoW game sound works, but still no vent. WoW sound settings are set to system default with sound channels set to high. When I change the sound channels to medium or low, it kills game sound and I can hear vent (actually seems to plays back any vent sound from when game started). Restarting game always resets the sound channels to high. So, maybe if I figure out how to keep the sound channels at medium or low, after restart both will work?

Also tried setting Sound_NumChannels "32" in Config.wtf, but starting game resets it to 64.

Do you have these packages installed? libasound2:i386 and libasound2-plugins:i386

You can check wiith
apt-cache policy libasound2:i386

Did you change PulseAudio's config files in any way? (since you were running Mangler with ALSA)

I haven't changed any Pulse Audio settings other than volumes and I changed the output device to my headset.

libasound2:i386:
  Installed: 1.0.27.2-3ubuntu7
  Candidate: 1.0.27.2-3ubuntu7
  Version table:
 *** 1.0.27.2-3ubuntu7 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

libasound2-plugins:i386:
  Installed: 1.0.27-2ubuntu2
  Candidate: 1.0.27-2ubuntu2
  Version table:
 *** 1.0.27-2ubuntu2 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Hmm I don't know. File a ticket, point to this thread, maybe Codeweavers' staff will be able to help you.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWUZtcFlNQUxBNWNUdjVaViIsImdkcHIiOjB9