World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Workaround For Crash On Tab-out

I used to change X11 desktops in linux and then move back to whichever one was running Warcraft and tab back to it. This worked fine for quite awhile but stopped working a few updates back as the game would crash when I attempted to return to it.

I've found a workaround if you want to enable similar functionality. Within Warcraft you have to go to System --> Graphics --> Display Mode --> set to Fullscreen (Windowed)

This changes the behavior somewhat from simply setting it to Fullscreen without the windowed element. With windowed Warcraft will continue to render the whole time it's running even if it's on another desktop. Without windowed Warcraft will go to the background while it's not in focus and cease rendering. I'm running on Intel graphics. While I wouldn't mind hearing if anyone else is having or not having this issue in the first place this post is mainly to share the info above in case it might help someone else.

Alt-Tab out of real fullscreen games should work in CrossOver 14. There are a few games that are known to have game-specific issues, like the command and conquer series and some old DirectDraw games, but I tested WoW and it works here. What you're seeing sounds like a bug.

Which window manager are you using?

Hi,

I'm using XFCE. Here's a picture of the error I get. Apologies for the delay, I had thought I was providing info for others with a similar problem not finding a bug.

I'm on an Intel i7-4750HQ using the integrated Iris Pro 5200 graphics. The error text I get is that C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe has an ACCESS_VIOLATION. The instruction at "0x7e5f6561" referenced memory at "0x00000010". THe memory could not be "read".

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibVNieWRLclllR3AzbUI2UyIsImdkcHIiOjB9