World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

When installing WoW from the B.net Launcher: "Please try again after logging on as an administrator."

It's error # BLZBNTAGT00000841. I tried setting SELinux to permissive, and I thought that worked because it began installing, but after restarting the launcher later, the error came back.

What installation method did you use? Installing Battle.net application directly and then installing WoW once that was installed, or did you attempt to install World of Warcraft bottle that installed Battle.net and attempted to automatically install WoW upon completion?

The 2nd one, I tried to install the World of Warcraft bottle which automatically installed Battle.net then WoW.

Eric Hernandez wrote:

The 2nd one, I tried to install the World of Warcraft bottle which
automatically installed Battle.net then WoW.

I am not sure why it is having an issue, however I would recommend trying to install the Battle.net app into its bottle and then installing WoW once you log into Battle.net

I currently have Diablo II, Heroes of the Storm and WoW installed into the same bottle using this method.

Unfortunately I'm getting the same error using the Battle.net bottle

Update: I dove into the configuration files blind and managed to fix it. I changed the lines in cxbottle.conf:

"^desktopdata(?:/|$)" = "LinkDir"
"^windata(?:/|$)"     = "LinkDir"

to

"^desktopdata(?:/|$)" = "Copy"
"^windata(?:/|$)"     = "Copy"

I'm not sure what that does, but it works now even after restarting the launcher.

Not sure if this is related, but the other thread on this subject mentioned repairing the install for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (14.0) (NOT 64 bit) and that worked for me. If I understand correctly, and I am a newb at linux/crossover, all applications in crossover are run as Administrator in the bottles, so if an application asks for administrator, then somethings messed up with the bottle and it has nothing to do with Admin rights inside the bottle.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQUZrcHVtNVNkR3BjWkZUYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9