World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

doesn't start

when I go to start the game it looks like it's going to start but doesn't actually start.

Has anyone been able to get it to start. I've been told the overwatch patches for wine can get it to work but no idea how to make those work in crossover.

I have same issue with last 7.3 Legion patch. From what I have found, Blizzard switched WOW to new DRM (same as used in overwatch), which doesn't work with standard wine (and crossover). So far, only latest wine-overwatch patch seems to work if you are desperate enough to build wine from source.

Well that seems a bit obnoxious.

Miroslav Maiksnar wrote:

So far, only latest wine-overwatch patch seems to work if you are
desperate enough to build wine from source.

Ok, I have tested it, wow 7.3 does indeed run fine with wine-overwatch.

So far it is working for me with Wine-staging from WineHQ (changed to 32bit client in Battle.net,set wine to Windows 10 with CSMT and VAAPI).

It also works with wine-staging 2.15 (but only 32bit).

Are those both with full Wine builds, or modifications to Crossover?

Full wine build.

Hi everyone. I recently registered for the battle of Azeroth. While I'm new to WoW. And I will be happy to get acquainted with the opinion of experienced players.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSmtlcDNnc2VDaFNQdE1HNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9