World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installs well, after clicking "play" WoW does not load

Title pretty much says it all. The program installed perfectly, so far as I can tell, but when I click on "Play" the program appears in my menubar but doesn't actually do anything. Eventually I need to terminate it (which I can do by right-clicking on the program's icon and specifying "close").

I am using openSUSE10.3 with fully updated kernel, etc. I have an Intel Core2Duo processor and around 4GB RAM. Video card is NVIDIA GeForce 760GS (silent). 3D support IS installed, so far as I can tell by using the glxinfo|grep string trick alluded to in a previous post:

server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.4
client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx version string: 1.4
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 7600 GS/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 169.09

Thanks for your help, anyone who happens to be out there!

Chris

check this http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2631;forum=1;msg=27725
make sure your running the latest Crossover. it sounds like your not getting the updates you need after a fresh install.
I had that issue and when i went to 6.2 crossover the downloader worked to update WOW.

Another trick I found to installing the updates is download the full update from a 3rd party source, and once WoW is installed, manually install it into the same bottle using the CX -> Install Windows Software -> Install Unsupported Software -> Other Install File. Just make sure to choose the correct bottle, or it will not find the current WoW installation and it will fail. I do this for any new large patch anyways, as the torrents are usually quite busy and you end up with fairly lousy bandwidth.

I'm having a similar issue with the latest version of Crossover (7.1.2) running on Ubuntu. Everything installed and updated fine, got the ~2.5GB final patch, click Play on the launcher, and nothing happens. No errors or anything.

I tried running WoW.exe directly and the same result. I tried running from the command line and it looks like the program just exits after clicking Play. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I find that I often have to remove the config.wtf file and only put the following 3 lines in it to clear errors

SET gxAPI "OpenGL"
SET MasterSoundEffects "1"
SET gxWindow "1"

When you restart the game, it will fill out the rest, and will usually fix errors.

This is happening again. But I figured the problem. In ubuntu 9.04 when you launch the launcher, it somehow locks the World of Warcraft folder making it unreadable, therefore, it won't open. You have to manually make it readable then you can click play. Is there any way to fix this?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicUtlVjR4TmE0TGF5Nkc1YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9