World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing WoW on mac

Ok so im installing WoW through CD's and i noticed in the Tips and Tricks page it says this:

Unmount the DVD with: sudo umount /media/cdrom0
Remount the DVD: sudo mount -t udf -o ro,unhide /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom0

now i am not sure if i will have to do this, but i want to be safe anyway. what i'd like to know is, how exactly do you unmount and remount the DVD?

On the mac it's simpler - just click on the mounted CD on the desktop and push the eject button (if you are using an apple keyboard), or drag the cd to the trash icon. You should then be able to insert the next CD. Other installations have similar issues where you have to switch the CD's and they don't automatically ejct.

A better option might be to copy the install files to the hard-drive, can anybody verify if this method works for this. I play WOW using the mac client, although I might have to try the PC client out to see if it's any better. 😉

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU0JGTHFuc04zZ0ZCZ0tMWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9