World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install Problems

I am trying to install:

World of Warcraft (Classic-Original Game) DVD
World of Warcraft The Burning Crusade DVD
World of Warcraft Wrath of the LICH KING DVD

Am I supposed to install all three to the same bottle?

I am having problems when I install the burning crusade, afterwords I go to my desktop and click the icon to play (or test in my case) and the loader looks normal, then I log in on the wow login and then rather than seeing the page where I can select from my own characters from my account I get a message downloading update which takes about two minutes then I am prompted to close so that it can update, when I do, it automatically brings up the install screen as if I wanted to reinstall the burning crusade again.

I also cannot get the Lich King DVD to unhide and be seen by crossover, I've tried the unmount and remount using the command lines over and over again. I worked for about 5 hours yesterday trying to get Wow installed.
My DVD drive is actually only three years old, and it actually can handle both CD or DVD's, but could a newer CD/DVD drive help? What spec would I be looking for? I'm thinking this UDF or disk reading problem is really what makes it most difficult.
It is a shame blizzard doesn't package its products for more stable OS's

Yes, install the games in the same bottle.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYTNmSHFzQ01GUlRQWllFayIsImdkcHIiOjB9