World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WoW 3.3.2 Hardware Cursors in opengl mode

i have found this patch for the hardware cursors on opengl mode.

Location: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7643957&postcount=82

I think its possible to use it in the next release of CXG.

If I understand it correctly, that allows you to use a hardware cursor -- but doesn't give you the actual WoW graphical cursors, rather, a predefined fixed image. I'd think that'd be less useful in many ways than having the slower but actually changing with context cursor the game currently has.

Well, you can get the exact same cursor without problems, and why less usefull?
You get a no lagging cursor like the wow one.

The original WoW cursor is software controlled, so it lags as your game does (which is emulated and not native speed btw) and such is the point of this patch. The hardware cursor is.. well.. hardware controlled, so it allows your mouse to work as smoothly as it does on your desktop. Strong work Tom. /highfive

however the patch you are talking about is considered a backward step, and a hack that is not beneficial to cx games.
trust me i tried this with aion.
however if you learn how to compile wine in cxgames, im all ears.
i have considered using this myself, however i dont know how to compile wine on a 64 bit os.
i probably dont have all the libs but here take this.

../configure --prefix=/opt/cxgames --sysconfdir=/opt/cxgames/etc --enable-cli --enable-ra --datadir=/home/dablackfox/.cxgames

i think that should help some.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNFJ4S04zdUtXVUZIdjlSWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9