World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

9.0.0 Working somewhat well

The game itself runs well, but there are a few other glitches. There were some hiccups during patching where a little warning box with very little, if anything, in the body of the message would come up; if I closed it quickly with the "OK" button, the installer tended to continue on most times. If I didn't get to it in time, I seemed to get a "WINE encountered an error and needs to close" error message and it would crash the program. After patching it to the current release, the launcher also has an issue of not being able to retrieve the news, and brings up another little box with no text, just a red "X" sign. I can close it and click "Play" and the game continues on it's way.

Also, this is a fresh WoW install in a new bottle, if that helps 😊.

Hibba.

usialy that error means that the patch has already been install.ed.
the small window with black. try hi-lighting it next time.

yeah i have had no problems installing updates from downloading the patches at games.on.net
or wow.com
otherwise if you use the launcher it sometimes causes unexpected errors, which means a full reinstall.
otherwise i have not had a single problem running this game ever.

Thanks for the tips. I don't seem to get any text to highlight in the window that comes up, though. As for the patches, they appear to have been installed from the launcher. But, it's not a really big deal as long as the game itself continues to work.

Hibba.

yeah when i get that error its black text on a black background, i cant see that as being such a big issue

Hmm, actually, the window I get isn't black. It looks like an old Windows alert message window.

there is a chance you have something installed that we dont?

in my cxgames world of warcraft 1 bottle i have
crossover html engine
microsoft c++ 2008 redist
mucrosoft c++ 2008 redust x86 9.0.2122
truetype font andale mono arial arial balck comic sans ms comic sans ms courier new geogia impact times new roman trebuchet ms verdana webdings

I didn't have the MS C++ 2008 one installed. Just installed it, but it still comes up. Other than that, I appear to have the same software in the bottle.

Thank you for your help. I don't really mean to trouble you over it. It's not a big deal as long as the game itself is working.

On a side note, I was thinking about putting a fresh install of WoW in a new XP bottle, as advised by a person in the WoW forums (my bottle now is win2000). Could you tell me what type of bottle you are using, please?

Thanks,

Hibba.

yes im currently using win 2000 too

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSE4yTU1FeVNFS1pOQng2VyIsImdkcHIiOjB9