World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Hardware cursor ?

Hello,

I was using Wine, but the cursor is not working with hardware acceleration. So it's impossible to play in raid.

Is Crossover able to make cursor working well ?

Deadyoda wrote:

Hello,

I was using Wine, but the cursor is not working with hardware
acceleration. So it's impossible to play in raid.

Is Crossover able to make cursor working well ?

I'm sure many people including myself would be happy to help, but we'll need more information. What video card are you using? Has the hardware cursor ever worked while raiding or did it break with the last patch?

Hasn't this always been like this? I will be installing WoW right now. Will report any issues. I THINK I read something about this one day, but never got to try it. Isn't there a Winetrick to solve this? Or isn't there a way to do this, since WoW got hardware acc. for OpenGL under Windows?

Nvm, found it:

"Hardware cursor in OpenGL

There is a workaround to get a kind of hardware cursor even in OpenGL mode. The workaround is to use a slightly modified version of Wine which will always display the X11 cursor (which is not laggy). If you are interested, there is a thread in the forums discussing it. Instructions explaining how to get started can be found in the thread. "

The thread is here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1051483

Edit: The newest Wine Post sais this:

Tested ->
WoW-Installer - Flawless execution, I think the only thing not working was the create new folder when you are selecting where to install to.
Launcher - Seems to run just fine, most of the time the news doesn't load, I believe installing either ie6 or flash fixed that for me in the past but I rather live without news than install ie6 or flash.
Game - No problems what so ever, an occasional out of memory issue, but this happens in windows as well. So let's just blame the game for that one.

d3d9 mode - Works great only a minor fps loss.
d3d9ex mode - Works similar to d3d9 mode.
opengl mode - Works great, still having issues with a few instances that have texturing issues, chalking this one up to a problem in video drivers. HARDWARE CURSOR WORKS GREAT!
Addons - I run several addons, they work just as they do in windows.
Raids - I prefer to run WoW thru wine because I get less crashes than windows.

So, if you use the OpenGL mode, instead of the D3D9, then the new hardware cursor is working.

Hope this helped.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVHRCR3g0OEx0S0xIMnR2WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9