World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

beta testing

This expansion is currently under beta testing, at this time only some people have the beta version.

but like all popular games, beta testing is a good opportunity to test if the game will work under cxgames.

this game is designed to run under directx 10/11 so we may have some problems with our direct3d version.

i just hope they include opengl again.

i will be trying to get my hands on this game as soon as possible to see what i can do, however i do hope there will not a major problem with getting this app to work.

OpenGL is staying, as is Directx 9, they are just adding Directx 10/11 support to the engine.

The major bonus this expansion brings to us on Linux is a hardware cursor in OpenGL, which is already implemented in the current Beta builds. Now it works in OpenGL mode as well as it does in Directx, just without the horrible performance hit :p

Will continue testing/monitoring as new builds come out.

From what i tested before i started having problems was:

The game runs opengl 2.0 fine with future upgrades to 3.1 however the water and particle effects as of patch 4.0.0 are still the same, so this will be upgraded in a later patch.
Currently the game only supports d3d9 but will support d3d 10 as its main api however you can add d3d 11 through the command line as you can with opengl.

Everything is working fine in game apart from south tanaris and silithis. however this may be fixed in a later patch.

My current situation is that i tried to reinstall the beta and when it came to updating i get the error you need to write permissions the directory before launcher.exe can update.

i have tried chown and i also tried in windows so i could just copy and have had no luck yet.

this could be caused by the fact that i dont have a cata beta key and am using my own server to test the game.

however i left the realmlist.wtf as is so i could update so thats not the problem.

This gives me hope that I can walk away from Windows on my sys and not dual boot. I am using the HP Pavillion dv6-3160us with quad-core AMD 2.1 Ghz and the video card of ATI 5650. You guys are awesome keep up the good work!

I'm playing WoW successfully running under XP mode. I don't have any client crashes unless I try switching windows.
I'm finding it quite playable with around 50-60fps most of the time. In Org I usually average around 40fps.
I haven't done anything special I just used the battle.net installer/patcher with crossover games.

What I would like to see but I don't know if it can or will happen is get a consistent 60fps which is what I'm
able to get in Windows 7. (Which I'm no longer running).

Cheers.

you could proabably get 60fps if you turn of vsync and limit the maxfps to 60 and the maxbgfpx to 30

You do that all in wow graphics config.

The vsync should only be used if you get screen tearing in full screen.
also org is the hordes main hub now, you will get lat and frame rate drops there.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU0VyNkpiWFR2VWFDdm1BSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9