World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fresh WoTLK install issue 9.1.0rc4

as soon as I select WOW WOTLK I get this in the install notes;

The install cannot continue because one or more dependencies are not installed, and an installer could not be found automatically.

and it matters not how I try to select the installer DVD, or downloader installer.

I must be doing something stupid. Can someone tell me what it is.

I just checked on my system and I get the same error. I think this must be a bug.

EDIT: I guess I shoulda had the WotLK DVD in the drive before I posted that... Sorry, let me try putting it in and seeing what happens.

Just tried it with the DVD; I still had the same issue as the original poster.

these are the last two deps I could not resolve;

[root@&&&&&& bin]# ./cxdiag
[MissingLibXml2]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libxml2.so library"
"Description"="This library makes it possible for Windows applications read and write XML files."

[MissingLibXslt]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libxslt.so library"
"Description"="This library lets Windows applications perform queries and transformations on XML files."

[OpenglNotWorking]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="OpenGL does not work"
"Description"="OpenGL did not work in our simple tests. This means OpenGL and DirectX applications, including most games, will likely not work. Other applications should be unaffected."

[root@&&&&&&r bin]#

I understand how to address teh opengl issue but I still get the same message;
"The install cannot continue because one or more dependencies are not installed, and an installer could not be found automatically."

I just tried installing WoW:WotLK from the C4P file on the official site, and that also did not work. It wouldn't let me proceed with the install; I am not sure if it is the same error message as before.

Hmm. I sure wish this supported game would get attention right now. I have the same issue with 9.1.0.....

Open a support ticket. Posting to this forum is not guaranteed to be attended to by staff.

Please see the ticket here: http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=811861 .

Trying to install now (although I deviated slightly from the above ticket; for some reason, I need to copy the DVD to my hard drive, then run the installer from my hard drive while having the DVD mounted the whole time. Otherwise, it won't install for me for some reason. This doesn't seem to affect all users, though, so this may not have anything to do with you all.) I will let you all know how it worked.

Hibba.

Just finished and tested a bit (Note: I had previously installed the game using normal WINE had used some of the WoW patches it downloaded, instead of having to download them again). It is working quite well. 😊

Hibba.

I did the exact same except I used the downloaded installer and everything worked fine!!! The game is working now

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoickxxZ2JDa2NXUVJNRVhhSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9