World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

For all the people having performance issues. One possible solution

hey everyone,
as many of you i had a few performance issues (less than 20 frames per second on low graphical settings) when following the c4p install.

I found one possible solution for the problem:

What i did was:

Create a new XP bottle
Install the core fonts
Install modern directX component.
install the Visual C++ 6 and 2008 redistributable

Copy over a pre-installed windows installation. And delete the config.wtf file.
Then run the wow.exe file through a "run command"

reapply all graphical settings as you like them. Et voila your game should work at decent framerates (i'm getting 80 fps) and good sound. System specs found below.

-Computer-
Processor        : 4x Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q9450  @ 2.66GHz
Memory        : 8193MB (1750MB used)
Operating System        : Ubuntu 10.10
-Display-
Resolution        : 1680x1050 pixels
OpenGL Renderer        : The ones provided by nvidia I suppose
X11 Vendor        : The X.Org Foundation
-Multimedia-
Audio Adapter        : SB-XFi - Creative X-Fi

Hope this helps some of you :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ1pjV0hKS014Nm5DUFZOUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9