World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Awesome product

i just wanted to give a success story and an attaboy, i am running ubuntu: gutsy on an nvidia 6501 motherboard with an 8800 gts graphics card 2 gigs of ram and some nice sata drives. WoW runs so smooth and much better than on my windows system. i was using cedega but i am definitely going to switch.
now if only vent would work i wouldnt have to dual boot.

great job

Actually, the ventrilo does work. U just need to do some things before it does.
My husband got it working, so why wouldn't others do? Here's what he said needs to be done:

A: install it
B: add native windows codecs to program
C: use the program.

In the forums for Ventrilo on here, there is a codec pack which works quite well. :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVlhXaHBGd1pGNFFWeUF6WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9