World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No Graphics when playing.

I am trying to run Wow:BC. I had a problem with no text and a large gray box for a cursor, I follwed the Tips & tricks and added the Sets to the WTF and now I have text and a cursor... but I have no graphics.
No background graphics when I am enter user name and PW, no graphics for the characters and when I start the game I get a big blue screen, except water. Everything else is gone.

I am running Ubuntu 8.04
ATI 9550 w/256megs
ATI Driver 8.47.3.

Thanks

That almost sounds like some of the wierdness that can happen on any system. Did you dry renaming your WTF folder and restarting WoW? I haven't tried this on a linux install yet - so you might have to do some tweaking with the Config.WTF file after you re-login to WoW, though.

Liz

I had a similar issue when I couldn't see any roads or plants. How I fixed that was making sure the Program Files/World of Warcraft/WTF/Config.wtf file had the entry;

SET gxApi "opengl"

in it.

3D acceleration won't work unless you have this in the Config.wtf file.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZG1iaDhtZ0VleENCRkFtcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9