World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wrath of the Litch King: Beta

Well here is a work around for the wrath of the litch king that worked for me.
you will see in the one screenshot with the EULA you have to scroll down to the bottom to accept but it seems on linux systems the button will not highlight
to allow you to accept.

Well here is how i got around it.
i installed the burning crusade into a new bottle and then got it fully patched. Seems to install the beta you have to have a fully patched system first.
i then broke out my dreaded windows box and installed burning crusade and patched then installed the wrath of the litch king.

then under the program files/world of warcraft folder you will see a new folder that the beta installs a folder called wrath of the litch king beta.
i then just copied this folder over to my linuxbox. i then copied the wrath of the litch king folder into the
new bottle i created for the beta. ./cxgames/(bottle you created)/drive_c/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Wrath of the Litch King Beta/

then to launch use the crossover run windows command then browse to the the above structure and in the folder of the Wrath of the Litch King Beta run the launcher
it should the run the update to patch. onces its is fully patched. you should have a running copy of the beta.

This may not work on all systems i have tried it on 2 ubuntu boxes i have and they both ran just fine.
with the above method.

Elua
Beginning area for Death Knights

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU1FUV0dKS2JrRmhoeENSdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9