World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install issue on Ubuntu 8.10

I'm trying to install WoW on Ubuntu 8.10 64-bit. I run the Crossover games installation for WoW and the initial version on the DVD installs fine (2.x something). It then sees that it needs updating and successfully downloads the 2.4 patch.

At the point that the 2.4 patch starts to try to install a blinking message appears telling me that it's waiting for files to close, and it never can move past that. I've looked on Google for this issue, and tried all the fixes people have posted over time for it (changing the windows emulated version, deleting .temp files, etc.), but it never resolves for me.

How do I make this install successfully?

-Mike

try running the downloaded installer as an installer for an unsupported application. Make sure to select the bottle where wow is installed.

That solved it. Thanks!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ1o4UENmZFhzS3puaGUyZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9