World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing from disk

Hello, i am trying to install WOTLK from the disc in the collectors edition, all it shows is the installer.exe file and directx folder, nothing else. i have tried installing it a few different ways and it dosnt work, it just says finished installing and quits. ? any ideas would be great.

thanks
chris

Same here all files are locked and i can not copy the files to a folder to try and install.
you can see the other files if you select show hidden files.

chris wrote:

Hello, i am trying to install WOTLK from the disc in the collectors
edition, all it shows is the installer.exe file and directx folder,
nothing else. i have tried installing it a few different ways and it
dosnt work, it just says finished installing and quits. ? any ideas
would be great.

thanks
chris

You need to mount the DVD using the unhide option. It's pretty confusing, because the CD install of WoW requires that disable the unhide option, where the DVD install requires that you enable it.

``sudo mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom -o unhide,user,ro,uid=id -u````

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVmFzaFF3dGhOSFRoZ1FudCIsImdkcHIiOjB9