World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Pronblem with running this game

I installed Wrath of the Lich King in windows,rebooted into linux and tried to run the game but I got this error messege http://www.cs.aau.dk/~jonasmv/problems.png

Simmelar things happen on my laptop after transfering the files to that mashine

After removed wine from my system I am not getting this error anymore

I had an issue myself on Centos Linux 5.2 that looked very much like this (might be the same issue).
After I installed WotLK I received an error similar to that one as soon as I finished watching the intro movie (loading the login screen failed).

The solution for me to get it to work:
Copy and past the Config.wtf file from ./cxgames/WinXP/drive_c/Program Files/World Of Warcraft/WTF/Config.wtf (in my user homedirectory) to the installation directory of the actual WotLK client (this was not done automatically).
After this I was able to play the game nearly perfectly :)

The WotLK client apparantly cannot be started without a proper Config.wtf already being present.

notes:
*WoWTBC was the bottle I created for the World of Warcraft installation, it may be called different on your system.

I'm also experiencing problems with this game -- it appears as though the OpenGL rendering is being done in software, rather than hardware.

From lspci:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)

Various OpenGL test applications (glxinfo, glxgears, OpenGL screensavers, etc) seem to be using or indicating the presence of hardware acceleration...

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTnR3QnJOcE5YUnN6elZmZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9