World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

no subject

With a new load of WOW (base, Burning Crusade and Lich King) on my system (ubuntu, amd, 32, nvidia, crossover pro 20081119) I get as far as the first video, then it crashes. If I try to escape from the video, it crashes. Any ideas? (Error Below). Game sound continues to play from start screen while this message is up.

==
World of WarCraft (build 9183)

Exe: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe
Time: Nov 20, 2008 7:56:41.571 PM

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0073:005CEF48

The instruction at "0x005CEF48" referenced memory at "0xFFA68F90".
The memory could not be "read".

Problem:
Crashes after startup video (escape or run the video until end).
Can still hear login page music and dragon...

Resolution:
Running WOW under crossover requires OpenGL mode.
Use resolutions from this Blizzard article to place WOW in OpenGL mode.
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=21027

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN2tGVGRwTEVmODJmTDNoMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9