World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fedora and Wrath

has anyone had problems running Wrath on Fedora ? I can manage to install it but when i try to run the game i get nothing it acts as though i never opened it

Fedora 9 and 10 are both a bit of a puzzle when it comes to getting them to function properly with CrossOver. One of the major issues is graphics drivers. I would suggest first turning off SELinux and if that does not improve things, check out your drivers. If you are still having difficulties, open a support ticket so that we can do some deeper digging.

Caron Wills wrote:

Fedora 9 and 10 are both a bit of a puzzle when it comes to getting
them to function properly with CrossOver. One of the major issues
is graphics drivers. I would suggest first turning off SELinux and
if that does not improve things, check out your drivers. If you are
still having difficulties, open a support ticket so that we can do
some deeper digging.

There seems to be some issues with Wrath and Textures. I was running Fedora 8 with the latest NVidia drivers on x86_64, burning crusade / outlands ran pretty much spot on with the occasional lockup usually whenever a flight path went through Shattrath. Lich King has significant lock up issues so far chiefly manifesting when a texture change occurs (e.g. from area to area.) Since upgrading to Fedora 10 and the latest Nvidia drivers a couple days ago the complete lockups have changed to incredible slow downs. The problem seems much worse in the areas of Grizzly Hills and Zul'Drak, whereas areas like the Coldara are fine. Memory usage doesn't hit swap on my linux station, and I'm running way above min spec.

Well with later Fedora updates and of course the latest Crossover games WoW and wrath run fine however i do get ocational frezes for like 30 seconds then the game continues to work this is not a huge issue but it can mean the difference in getting killed or not if it happens at the wrong time. I should note on Fedora 9 this was not present though this was before wrath came out. HEck Fedora 10 worked fine (better then 9) with BC and never did this with the exception of Shattarath at peak hours which was expected

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidGU1OXNHNTM0YndONjYySiIsImdkcHIiOjB9