World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installation stops at 98% error...

I installed burning crusade and everything on linux and when i try to install wotlk it stops at 98 percent and i get: The file "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft.temp" could not be renamed to "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft". I bought the cd too sooo....

Two things for you, have you mounted the disk according to the instructions here:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1185;tips=1

Have you changed to the 7.1.2 CrossOver Games edition (Unsupported) that is available here when logged in:

http://www.codeweavers.com/account/downloads/?_dl=unsupported

I am having this same problem, I did mount the DVD and all that, I am not running crossovergames though, I'm running crossover-pro-7.1.0

Cory Hicks wrote:

I am not running crossovergames though, I'm running
crossover-pro-7.1.0

Ah, that's your problem! World of Warcraft is only supported with CrossOver Games, not Pro or Standard.

Don't fret, though. Your license to Pro comes with a license for Games. Just download CrossOver Games from My Account -> My Downloads, install it, and register it using your account credentials (email and password, same as your account on this site).

Ahhh, thanks Ken. I've been stressing over this for a good day or so trying to research it. I figured crossover-pro included games but I misunderstood. I got regular WoW and BC to install just fine without games... :S

Edit
Now I just snaged Crossover-games, should I reinstall my WoW bottle in Crossover-games, or is there a way to copy it from my other bottle on the regular Crossover?

Edit Edit
Ok I went to activate it and now I'm getting an error that says that an error occured during the Wine environment creation. Then it gives me another error saying that the automatic registration failed, and gives a bunch of missing files or directories...?

Yikes! Sorry that you're having such trouble getting this to work. The latter problems sound like something you should open a support ticket for. That's the best way for us to manage and track the issue so it doesn't fall through the cracks.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRXY1Zlg0NmhuUW1Tcnk4biIsImdkcHIiOjB9