World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

[How to fix major flickering after logging into server]

There might be others like me; I logged in and my screen began to flicker rapidly between the loading screen and my current position in the world. Rotating the camera would result in blurs of light across the already-flickering screen. The game is virtually unplayable like this.

The fix I found was to add the following to the Config.wtf file:

SET M2UsePixelShaders "0"
SET M2UseShaders "0"
SET ffxDeath "0"
SET ffxGlow "0"

I believe there are some config.wtf fix mentions in both the Tips & Tricks as well as the Wine HQ that use this configuration.
Just wanted to point out that flickering is also fixed by those modifications.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRkhLVkxFM2JZeWFnaFVGVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9