World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Move WOW installation to another partition, then install different distro

Hi,

I would like to know the best way to move my installation of WOW to another partition, so I can install a different distro. So I would move it, wipe this partition, install distro, install and configure Crossover Games, and play WOW. Ideally 😊. Thanks.

I think your best bet is to archive the bottle containing WoW (which you can do inside the Manage Bottles menu). Move the archived bottle to a neutral location (flash drive, etc). Wipe the partition, install distro, install Crossover Games, copy the archived bottle to the new OS' desktop (or wherever), use Manage Bottles to add/restore from Archive. Voilà.

Note that with an app as big as wow, archiving/un-archiving will take some time.

I was hoping it would be that simple. Thanks, Jack!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidzVlY2ZlSGFXWENiY0ZmYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9