World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

3 bugs

I have found 3 bugs:
1: when starting WoW without entering username nor password and the exit WoW often hang (the music is stil running)

2: When watching the 2 intros to WoW and TBC I can only se half of the screen (the rest is black)

3: sometime when starting WoW I dont get any sound at all (maybe it is a driver issure since I have a bad soundcard)

1. Will have to check that one.
  2. I have seen this on certain video drivers. Try the latest for your card and see if it fixes anything.
  3. Some sound drivers can't allow multiple programs to access the sound device. If you have something else using sound then the game won't have any. Worst case are AC97 sound chips. Sound Blaster Live cards and higher usually work the best and don't have this issue.

1: forgot to tell then after the hang it exit as normal (hang around 2 min)

2: I am already using the latest Nvidia driver for my GF6600 from nvidia. I could try the open sourcs version (nv) but they will proberbly not work (last time I cheched there was no 3d at all)

3: tough so

I also have an NVidia (dual screen) 6800 SLI mode running the private drivers. I get the half or sometimes 1/4 black screen. Cannot get past the startup screen as the buttons are off screen.

UBuntu 8.0.4 32 bit
Latest Crossover
Fresh install
Fresh Bottle (WinXP based)
Custom built Athlon 64 4gb mem

Update: go into wine config and run WOW in a 1024x768 window. This will correct the screen offset issue and make the game playable.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNDl1c3VmZzhUS0ZhSnJ4SCIsImdkcHIiOjB9