World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WoW pointer issue

Hi folks. I'm running Crossover 6.1.0 on Ubuntu Feisty (machine stats: XFX GeForce 7900GS, Athlon X2 3600+, 1GB RAM). WoW is working really well except for the sound lag issue (which I had on another machine and learned to live with), and a more substantial problem with the pointer. The pointer itself responds fine to the motion of the mouse, but its location as detected by the UI doesn't always seem to keep up. For example, if I sweep the pointer along an action bar, it may light up the first few as it passes, but then one will stay lit up as if the pointer is still over it, even though it has moved on. It'll eventually catch up, only to happen again a few seconds later. This happens with all UI elements and selectable world objects.

Only thing I've been able to find that sounds like it's related to the pointer is "gxCursor" in the Config.wtf file. I tried changing the value to "1", but there was no noticeable effect.

The sound lag issue is due to buggy drivers for your Sound Card. There not much else we can do to improve that. Hopefully in the next release of Ubuntu, there will be an updated ALSA setup that supports your card better.

The mouse cursor issue sounds like something with your video setup. I've never had an issue with nVidia drivers before. But, you may want to disable hardware cursor support if you have it enabled. Check the nVidia docs for more info on that.

Now that I got my patching issue resolved I could try this... unfortunately, after disabling hardware cursor support in xorg.conf, the problem persists. (I can tell the support was disabled, as it screws up the cursor in another game for me).

Another thing I noticed... it seems that the little skips occur when I change directions with the cursor. Bizarre, but very repeatable.

I have no issues with the sound (except when there is a FPS drop, then the sound garbles a bit)...
However, yesterday I started playing WoW again (after 4 monts of inactivity). So, I upated both Crossover an WoW.
I only to find out that for some reason mouse movement is not really repsonsive. The issue that David Murphy describes, is spot on - I have the exact same problem.
Either an object does not register the mousepointer being there, or an object still thinks the mousepointer is there... in any case: I need to circle my mousepointer over an object a few times untill it 'registers'.

I'm running Crossover 6.1.0 on Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) with GeForce 7800GT, AMD Athlon64 3200+ and 1GB RAM. So ehm, almost identical to David Murphy's setup.
Hopefully someone knows how to fix this.

I'm running WoW on crossover 6.2 and I'm experiencing the exact same pointer problems. Looks like this problem has been on for a while, anyone came up with a solution yet?

What version of Ubuntu are you running? From what I understand, with Hardy, they changed the ALSA setup under Hardy.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieHFHenVLVVZtNXJBaFh1YyIsImdkcHIiOjB9