World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

2.3 Patch on Quad Core Intel doesn't work

I can bring up the launcher, log in, select Character, but when realm tries to load it hangs and one of my cores goes to 100%. Help?

Does this happen reliably? Every time you load, or does it succeed every now and then?

In /sys/devices/cpu/cpu/*/online you can fake deactivating CPU cores(the scheduler doesn't use them any more). This way you can isolate if it is caused by the 4 cpus or something else.

Since a limited number of system has quad cores nowadays it could be a hidden race condition in crossover or WoW. Trying to limit Linux to one or two cores can help isolating the issue here.

Had same problem with 6.2.0 yesterday. Also had problems with laggy image ingame. Solution on my case was a total re-installation of my 3d drivers. (nVidia) Had that installed on runlevel 1 originally, and the driver didn't work like it should have (Was running on D3D mode only, gave errors tryin opengl)

Installation on runlevel 3 --> Removing config file of TBC (in the WTF - dir..) --> Start WoW -> Exit without playing --> Edit config to use opengl (and other mod's from the tips'n tricks section here..) --> run again --> works like a dream.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTlpRVXN4eVJTTkVoYWdLdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9