World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Disabling Xinerama in my xorg.conf solved pointer problems

After installation of the original WoW followed by the Burning Crusades, I launched the application. The 'Launcher' window displayed correctly, so I pressed the 'Play' button.

A few screen refreshes later, I was looking at the license acceptance screen. Although I was able to move the mouse pointer around, it seemed as though none of my mouse clicks were being recognized. This prevented me from being able to 'Accept' the license agreement.

I then use the NVidia Settings application and disabled 'Xinerama' (I have a dual monitor configuration with an NVidia 7600 GT controller) support. In the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, this looks like this:

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option     "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

After restarting the X11 server, everything works fine.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicW1OUmd4N2VaQmtWRk1ibSIsImdkcHIiOjB9