World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

one slight issue on clean install of WoW

Hi all,

Just installed WoW in crossover 6.2.0 and only came across one slight issue.

Started off by installing WoW 2.0.0 US in my default win2000 bottle. The crossover installer started by installing the required fonts, no errors there. Then the WoW installer started and the EULA text was garbled. I tried to paste an example of the text into here but after I did my typing appears in here right to left!? odd.

Anyway, accepted the EULA (the text on the accept and reject buttons displayed fine) and the install went through without a hitch.

Next up installed Burning Crusade (US), same deal with the EULA, but it too then installed without a hitch.

Lastly I installed the full 2.3.0 patch, the install of this patch was flawless, the text in the patch info box displayed fine.

Fired up WoW and it's running great, full resolution of my laptop is detected and works, fps is running around 25 (which is on par with native windows). Audio working flawlessly with 0 configuration.

Overall, very impressed!

System details:

Fedora 8 x86
Xorg 1.3.0
Crossover 6.2.0
nvidia driver 96.43.01
vid card: 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV28 [GeForce4 Ti 4200 Go AGP 8x] (rev a1)

Glad to hear your install went smoothly. As far as the EULA goes, it doesn't display the EULA correctly.. however you can view the EULA on worldofwarcraft.com. Enjoy WoW on linux ;)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM1RGZUZkUHphR0h0c0M5MiIsImdkcHIiOjB9