World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Launcher apparently doesn't update

Installed WoW using Crossover Pro 6.2.0, upgraded to 2.3.2-whatever (this all worked absolutely flawlessly). In fact, there's only one (minor) gripe.

While it works perfectly, every time I launch it, it behaves like I'm launching it for the very first time (introductory video, license agreements, reset to default video settings, etc).

Using WoW under a managed session; I know I could convert it to a local, but don't want to take up my drive space unnecessarily (on the off chance that others in the household decide to get addicted).

Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy), upgraded to latest patches as of Jan 17, 2008.
Crossover Office Pro 6.2.0
AMD Athlon64 2800+
2GB RAM
More HD space than I know what to do with ...

Maybe the user you run WoW with does not have write permissions on the WoW installation folder.

Problem:

David Breakey wrote:

I know I could convert it to a local, but don't want to take up my
drive space unnecessarily (on the off chance that others in the
household decide to get addicted).

meet solution:

David Breakey wrote:

More HD space than I know what to do with ...

😋

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSFQ2V04zc3RTd2dFM0o5eSIsImdkcHIiOjB9