World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WOW Crossover vs Cedega

I have an older version of Crossover I bought but currently use cedega to play wow.

How does it run in crossover compared to cedega?

I'd much rather put money towards codeweavers as they contribute to the wine project but would like some honest comparisons before I switch over and shell out more cash.

I cannot give you an unbiased opinion obviously, but I'd suggest you to download the demo and play with it. You have 60 days demo time, after that you can decide what works better for you 😊

I've tried cedega a while ago and it didn't work very well for me. but crossover works well for me

Hey mate,
I have tried to use Cedega and I am had some problems.
First off I had a bugger of a time with my Ati Radeon X1800 video card (new drivers needed)
Second I got into WoW it would not let me play my main character, but would allow me play others without crashing. I am still trying to look into this, but it was enough of a problem that I went back to windows to play WoW.

Tonight I will be downloading the Demo of CrossOver and if this works better then I will move to Crossover and leave Cedega.

I have not touched wine as I am a new user to Linux and a lot of the command line stuff I am not up on.

We will see tonight on how this goes and if I still have problems then its Nvidia here I come (Carp cards).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWHdoRXBmUVZGYXFLNU1xaCIsImdkcHIiOjB9