World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Error #132: A dreaded error as they don't seem to know what the cause is...

I installed World of Warcraft and The Burning Crusade on my newly bought cxoffice license. It all worked fine. But now that I'm trying to run the game, I run into problems:

I get an error #132 when starting. A screenshot of the error is available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/skoop/383064361/

According to the WoW site (http://faq.wow-europe.com/en/article.php?id=722), this can be related to a lot of things, but they don't really seem to know an exact cause. I've removed the specified directories, tried all kinds of memory tests, nothing seems to indicate a problem, but the error doesn't go away.

Does anyone have experience with this problem and possible solutions? I'd be very happy if I could get this working :)

What distro of linux are you using and what kind of video card?

The latest WoW build 7272 is causing me to have the ERROR #132 as well.. I can not force myself to believe this is a hardware issue linked to my memory being bad. The game was working great since cxoffice 6 was released.

I am running Fedora 6, here is my error

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: Z:\home\bob.cxoffice\WorldOfWarcraft\drive_c\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0073:681B3F60

The instruction at "0x681B3F60" referenced memory at "0x00000000".
The memory could not be "read".

WoWBuild: 7272

I have ran repair which found no errors. I have deleted cache and wtf files and still the same WoW crashing prior to bringing up the launcher.. It just provides the error and the dump when I try to run it.

Not sure what to try to fix it.

Error #132 is a general crash. Essentially "general protection fault" in WoW terms. As you say it can have a huge variety of reasons, from a bug in WoW itself, Crossover, the video driver or the Linux libs. So far all WoW installations here are running fine. Can you check the distro, video card, video driver version?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidld3QmJrVWZkcnNOa0w2TiIsImdkcHIiOjB9