World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Sound delay problem

After installing WoW:TBC I have some weird sound delay. This problem is also on games like Warcraft 3.

Anyone have a solution to this?

I was able to correct this by:

Open the Bottle Manager (typically ~/cxoffice/bin/cxbottlemanager)
Highlight the bottle for WoW, click on the Configure button.
Click on the Control Panel tab, select "winecfg"
Select the "Audio" tab.. make sure ALSA is checked, set Hardware acceleration to Full and the sample rate to 48k/16bps.

Outside of crossover, make sure your kernel modules are loading correctly.

Running into the same problems here and I see a ticket in for this as well. I booted to Windows today and saw Blizzard made an update to fmod.dll, problem is they did it through Launcher.exe and the recent bug locking that out at 16KB is blocking it... I tried running BackgroundDownloader.exe but there are no new versions available from that so I'm at a loss on how to update that file.

The info I was reading in the ticket listed fmod.dll as one of the files with changes but not sure if that's tied to sound issues.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVDlzN2g0eEVUdFNxd253WiIsImdkcHIiOjB9