World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WOW + CNC3 + ATi Radeon...

I now know where the bug is. It is because my notebook uses an ATi Mobility Radeon X1300. The game freezes after logging into the world, if i paste this in my xorg.conf it works:```
Option "Capabilities" "0x00000800"
Option "UseFastTLS" "off"
Option "KernelModuleParm" "locked-userpages=0"

But the random game crashes still exist. CNC3 runs very slow with these settings (about 5 frames per MINUTE). 

Which entry is responsible for that terrible framerate?   
Do I need it to play WOW or can I delete it?  
How can I avoid these random game crashes?

Best Wishes  
Josef

Yeah i got the same problem, get the loading screen done. but when it starts to render it hangs.
I'm running Ubuntu 7.04.

Ati Radeon x1400

Help plz, linux n00b here

I have been unable to solve this. There is an issue with some X series cards on ATI's drivers. The problem is the ATI driver reserves a HUGE block of memory space. This causes issues for some Windows games that also want to have access to that memory space.

The only way to fix this is to have ATI fix their drivers to not be such a memory hog, as we simply cannot change how the Windows apps themselves access memory.

The rumor I heard is that ATI is going to open up their drivers, so maybe this means some fixes will get in soon.

If you have this bug your xorg.conf should look like that:

Section "Module"
    Load  "dbe"
    Load  "extmod"
    Load  "fbdevhw"
    Load  "glx"
    Load  "record"
    Load  "freetype"
    Load  "type1"
    Load  "dri"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option        "AIGLX" "off"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard0"
    Driver      "fglrx"
    Option "Capabilities" "0x00000800" 
    Option "UseFastTLS" "off" 
    Option "KernelModuleParm" "locked-userpages=0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Screen0"
    Device     "Videocard0"
    DefaultDepth     24
    SubSection "Display"
        Viewport   0 0
        Depth     24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
    Group        0
    Mode         0666
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option   "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1pWWUFVejhHUE5ta20zSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9