World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WoW Freezes on Exit

I've heard about this happening on vanilla wine as well.

When I finish playing WoW: I log out of my current character, hit the "Back" button and then hit "Quit".

The "Quit" button sinks in but never pops back up and the game screen stays on the screen and music and sfx still plays. I end up having to do a 'pkill wine' and then an init 3/init 5 to get back into X.

I'm currently not running it in an emulated desktop, I usually do as I am running a dual monitor setup, then I'd normally use xkill on the window.

Anybody else having the freeze on quit problem?

i have the same issue. it started with the release of patch 2.1.0 the black temple however the issue is also happening with vista and i believe in some cases XP. i have an XP machine also and its fine. im willing to place money on a driver issue with the patch that blizzard needs to fix.

I also have the same thing happening with both of my linux boxes
after the latest patch i get the hang and have to force a quit....

Then when i restart i have to accept the TOC screens again then i can log in and play with no problems i have seen
and all working add-ons work also.

but when i quit by log out or just try and close the same thing is happening

I can confirm the freeze on exit problem that was introduced with the world of warcraft 2.1.0 patch. We see it ourselves and I am investigating the problem.

It seems that 3 threads are blocked waiting for an Event object to be signalled, which does not happen for some reason. These issues are terrible to debug, so I cannot give any promise when we'll have a fix for that.

Searching around the world of warcraft forums it seems that Windows Vista users are affected by this issue too, so it may be World of Warcraft's fault. Hopefully blizzard releases a patch for this soon.

For nasty temporary workaround see this support ticket:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=126677

It looks like Blizzard my have resolved this... I have not had the problem for 3 days now

I dont think blizzard have fix the bug becouse I just begun to have the problem descrhiped

with the latest path (2.1.3) it seems gone from my computer (I can exit from title screen), but I need to test a bid more when I can acess some servers (they are down becouse maintain)

I don't think i've ever logged out of wow then exited the program, i've always exited in game and I've never had a problem.

The problem is with wine-0.9.45, I just updated from 9.43 and now it freezes on quit... although someone said it happened on vista, so maybe wine is working exactly how its supposed too

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVTdlNE4ySmJDWFptbWhKOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9