World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Few problems with WoW

Ok, I finally got WoW working after downloading all the patches. I was expecting to get low FPS, but it seems as though I am actually getting more FPS than what I did on Windows Vista! (80fps)

That said, there are a few problems.

1. I am unable to start WoW via the launcher. It gets stuck and claims that it's downloading a new 16kb patch. - It never finishes however and just hangs on that. In order to play WoW, I have to launch it directly via the wow.exe file.

2. The game crashes upon exit. The only way to exit it, is to CTRL ALT DEL and to kill the wow.exe process.

3. The anti aliasing on the game is not as good as what it was on Vista, even with with all video settings set to maximum. How can this be improved? Having said that, it is by no means bad.

4. As soon as the game is started, it changes my computers screen resolution to a much lower resolution. In order to revert it back to my chosen resolution, I have to restart my computer. - How can this be fixed?

I could probably put up with those issues for a while. But after a period of time, I could see myself getting annoyed with it.

Computer spec:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
RAM: 2.5GB DDR2
GPU: Nvidia 7900GS 256MB
HDD: Maxtor SATA 160GB 2mb cache

Any ideas?

Thanks.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQnVSTVNLQ3VhQmRrWjVncCIsImdkcHIiOjB9