World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wow in Crossover on Fedora 7

I used Fedora 7 and Crossover with an ATI Radeon 9550 and the sad truth is that I can get it to install but it runs way to slow to use and on Ubuntu I was able to get it up and running like twice but I am not a huge fan of Ubuntu mainly due to the fact it is a Debian based system and I am used to an Redhat based system. Also for some reason the Radeon xorg driver works fine for 3D out of the box but the Direct Rendering capabilities of my card are not there so this may be the issue as well.

My Point is are there other Fedora users our there with a similar ATI card that may have gotten this bad boy to work in Crossover

I have fedora 7 and a similar ATI radeon 1300. when i try to run the the game its like a super lag.. is there anything i am forgetting something? i have put the lattest Wine on..please if anyone can point me in the right path??

Same problem using various versions of SUSE. Changed to an nVIDIA card and it works well. I hvae never been able to get this to work acceptaby with ANY ATI card. Disappointing since most of my machines use ATI

The current fglrx drivers cause a world of problems for us. The short version is they reserve the same memory address space that some Windows programs want to use. The nVidia drivers do not use these memory regions.

Hopefully the recently announced Linux drivers from AMD/ATI will fix these problems, as there is nothing we can do on our side to work around them.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVEFuWDQ4S05VUmU4WnRLayIsImdkcHIiOjB9