World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't stop moving?

Help! I've got Wow:BC installed with the demo version of Crossover and it's working great...

except, I've got random issues where I cannot stop moving! Usually, reloading the GUI will get me back in control of movement but I had one instance where it did not. I've got openSUSE 10.3 install on a Dell XPS-1210 laptop and am using a MS Wireless 3000 mouse.

The problem SEEMS to be in the keyboard movement not in moving with the mouse because I can usually get myself to stand still by using the mouse to basically 'pull' against the improper movement.

The other issue I have and haven't found an answer for if someone wants to put me in the right direction is that I need my Alt key in game. Is there a way to take it back from crossover? Right now, if I click Alt, it wants to move the window. I'm running in a window so that I can basically alt-tab out of the game if need be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A

I have trid that my char did not stop moving. I cannot remember why but the solution was that I ran WoW in window-mode

Alisia: you mention a wireless mouse, are you using a wireless KB as well? it could be something as silly as the kb not sending data correctly and registering continuous movement. some 'doh' things to check.. see if the losing control of your character is happening when your mouse is leaving the window. some distro's set focus based on the mouse by default, and if your focus leaves the window while you're moving, it'll likely continue sending that keypress. make sure your autorun hotkey isn't bound to something that you're hitting by accident. also, clicking both mouse buttons causes you to move, so check for stuck mouse buttons? as for your 'ALT' problem, depending on your distro's window manager, you need to find where you can change the modifier for moving windows. by default, that button is ALT :) it's not cxoffice that's grabbing it, it's your window manager. sortof like if you were running in Windows, with windowed mode, and tried binding something to your "windows key". an alternative is to rebind alt to something else in WoW's keybindings.

I have tried the same thing a while back. I cannot remember why it happen but the solution was to run WoW:BC in a window insted of full screen

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoielRSZzNKbnJQWFpRZG1OZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9