For installing ATI or NVidia driver on Fedora or pretty much anything else on Fedora (all core releases) this guys site kicks butt for directions!!!
- Got the new HDD installed (SATA 250GB)
- patched FC5
- successfully installed NVidia drivers (get flash screen on boot)
- Installed last night's (2006-11-16) nightly build of X Over Office
- Installed WoW to Win98 Bottle
- Installed fonts for X Over Office
- Downloaded the .dll files reference below and placed them in the windows/system directory as stated below and ran the command with the -opengl option as stated below.
Every thing ran fine until the patch downloaded and I clicked restart. The WoW patch downloader came up and started to download and I got this error message:
"This application has encountered an critical error:
Error #125 (0x8510007d)
Program C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
Object: HANDLER (.?AUHANDLER@@)
SMem3: Not Initialized. Verify linker entrypoint is set to
'StormStaticEntryPoint' (defined in StormStartup.h)
Press OK to terminate the appilcation"
- After this I downloaded the files on a Windoze box (rather than file planet) and placed them into the "/root/./cxoffice/Program Files/World of Warcraft" path and started WoW. This time when I restated WoW to download the patch it just verified the present patch. Even though I got the same error message I clicked ok and the updater unzipped the large patch version 12.0.
- I also copied the smaller patch the same way and will be attempting the same work around. No Error that time... running WoW for the final test to see if this completes it.
So far the only big issues I have come across are:
- Clicking of sounds on certain screen or anytime WoW is running.
- Some UI's (Auctioneer) have trouble with the local Database that they keep.
- Some UI's(Auctioneer? AuctionLink?) do not popup data of bid and buy out per single item prices like they would on Windoze. This might be releated to the previous issue.
Other than that the games runs well