World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

installed WoW with suse 10.1 and 6.0 beta 3 and WOW! But display problem

Everything loaded properly from the cdrom. auto ran, downloaded all required update, and terminated gracefully. I am running an AMD 64 opteron processor 1 gig ram 2 nvidia dual head cards. 1 AGP 6600 and 1 PCI MX4000 (vga and tv out).

I'm a newbie to SuSE recently jumpped the fedora ship after the premature release of core 6 screwed up my system and wouldn't install.

WoW is seeing my 2560 pixel dual display and using it all. making it very difficult to play the game.
my players is right in the middle.

CAN i tell WoW to only use 1280 width??

You can configure WoW for different resolutions in it's WTF config file under drive_c/Program Files/World of Warcraft/WTF/Config.wtf.

Just change gxResolution "" to reflect the resolution you want... such as the wide resolution of gxResolution "1280x800" that I use.

You will probably need to configure X so that it understands the resolution, by adding a Modeline under your video card Device section of your /etx/X11/xorg.conf. You can lookup good Modeline's for your monitor online...

http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Getting_modelines is a good resource for configuring modelines, and figuring out what you can use via EDID.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid1FmQU5od3JndnJ0VzI3cSIsImdkcHIiOjB9