World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

getting better

I ended up getting my CD's to work for me, and it's installed/patched and everything, but I can't actually change the resolution of the game. It's stuck at 1024x768. The graphics are Windows quality for me. For that I commend you guys. Because of this resolution problem, I also can't see any of my CT_MOD BarMod bars... I assume they're offscreen. So when disabling them altogether so i can play tonight, using the game's bars, I can't reassign certain keybinds for some reason. Hopefully, getting a higher resolution will let me just go back to the way things were. Any ideas?

This and get ventrilo working, and I will totally be buying this product. Actually, I'm buying it already, but vent would be really cool.

What do you mean by it is stuck at 1024x768? Do you mean that it won't let you pick a resolution higher than that from the video options in the game? WoW should let you pick any resolution that you have listed in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (assuming you have Xorg). Check to make sure you have all the resolutions you want listed there. Sometimes some distros only put in the best res your monitor supports.

Win,

Have you tried editing the WOW config file in your WTF folder? Change the 1024x768 number to whatever you want. If it says "New hardware detected, reload default configuration?" (or something like that) - click NO.

If you edit the Config.wtf file, you may also need to make sure you use a resolution understood by X windows or WoW will ignore it. So, I use a resolution of 1280x800 for WoW, which X did not know how to use. So... I modified my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and added the proper modeline for my monitor to run at 1280x800. You may also need to modify the config.wtf file to have the resolution you want, but may not need to once X is configured for it. You do not need to configure X to use the resolution (such as in your Screen Sections), you just need to add the modeline so X knows how to display the resolution properly.

Sorry it took so long to reply, but I think it just felt to big cause the UI size was large, so I lowered it. But there still didn't seem to be much of a difference between different resolutions. =/ I run my desktop at 1600x1200, and it wasn't any near that defined. O well, running in windowed mode get me what I want.

Also, there is a really bad sound error going on. Some kind of audio lag when events are triggered, such as my tiger growling twice like a broken record. The music does this as well, which is a bummer with all the new BC music.

Have you made sure that the bottle you are running WoW in is using full hardware acceleration? This made a big difference for me.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1ZBblc1eUhRTnRRYVA2cCIsImdkcHIiOjB9