World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wow Crashing

Ok, to start, I'm fairly new to this and looking for some help. I installed Ubuntu today and got Crossover to run WoW. When I launch it, it gives me the Launch Window and when I click Play, it crashes. I've been looking through the forums, but can't pinpoint what's causing the issue. I get the following error:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0023:0040E000

The instruction at "0x0040E000" referenced memory at "0x00000000".
The memory could not be "read".

WoWBuild: 6080

I'm running on an AMD dual 64 bit process. Any help on pinpointing this would be great. If you need any more information, please ask. Thanks.

Well, actually, I figured out what was going on with it. I found that it couldn't access for some reason the update request after installing Burning Crusade. If you install WoW first, update it, then install BC, it works. Now, just trying to figure out how to window it. So, I guess that's my next request for assistance.

Edit: Ok, got it windowed out, but the performance is horrible, any thoughts on this?

Performance in windowed mode should not be drastically different from full screen mode unless you are running Compiz or Beryl.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicGM5SlVDVHd6ZnNXWHRLMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9