World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Realy low FPS Ubuntu 11.04

Sense i have upgraded to 11.04 iv noticed that in CX that WoW has a realy low frame rate (5-15FPS). Normally i am in the 60+ area

Stats of computer is
Intel I7 8somthing
Gf GTX 460 1gig of vram
6 gigs of pc3200 ddr3 ram

Running CX Pro 10.0.3
and CX Games 10.1
before the upgrade every thing was running fine i have reinstalled every thing sense the upgrade and no luck with that any idea

Do you happen to know which graphics renderer you are using for WoW? (OpenGl or DirectX?) If you're unsure which one you are using, it would probably be OpenGL (IIRC, it's the default one Crossover uses) unless you manually changed it. Which is good, we probably want it on OpenGL 😉.

Also, are you using the proprietary Nvidia drivers? They often yield much better performance than the open-source ones.

Finally, if neither of the above are it, than you may also want to try turning all of the graphics options down, and then turn them up one by one until you find which one(s) are causing the game to slow down.

Hibba.

Right now im in OpenGL, I am using the Propritary Drivers as well for my card, all my settings are at this moment at low and still getting this frame rate this is the only app that is open at all

I have a AMD Phenom x4 2.3 with 4GB RAM and a Nvidia Geforce 8600GT with 256MB and the game is running at medium on solid 50fps in wull and windowed mode. I'm using a 32bit version of ubuntu 10.04. 11.10 is making too much problems.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkp2blZhY3loaHJySGg0QiIsImdkcHIiOjB9