World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing WOW on SuSE 11.4

Just bought CrossOver and trying to install World of Wacraft.

The first part of the installation went well. All the data was downloaded from the internet and after applying the non-critical updates I could enter the "Play" button.

However, the "Installing World of Warcraft" green marker of the CrossOver SOftware Installer is still busy and the installation is still not finished. How can I solve this? Closing the WOW window does not make any difference. There are also no Icons for playing WOW on my Gnome desktop.

Regards, Ruud

Ruud de Bruin wrote:

Just bought CrossOver and trying to install World of Wacraft.

The first part of the installation went well. All the data was
downloaded from the internet and after applying the non-critical
updates I could enter the "Play" button.

However, the "Installing World of Warcraft" green marker of the
CrossOver SOftware Installer is still busy and the installation is
still not finished. How can I solve this? Closing the WOW window
does not make any difference. There are also no Icons for playing
WOW on my Gnome desktop.

Regards, Ruud

Hmm.... sounds like maybe the Background Downloader for WoW is running (and is kind of causing the Crossover Installer to think that step isn't done yet). Do you see any new little blue icons hiding any where in your gnome panels? If you can find the little background downloader's icon and right-click it, you can then hit "quit" and it should close. If this is the matter, then the Crossover installer should finish shortly.

Alternatively, somewhere in Applications>Utilities(or something similar), do you have System Monitor? You might be able to use this to find the Background Downloader in the process list. If it's not there, or if it isn't the culprit, you could also look for ones such as Wow.exe and Launcher.exe, they could be it, too. (You could also type "killall Wow.exe Launcher.exe" without the quotes into a terminal and that should also take care of them.)

Hope this helps,

Hibba.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVHNrY2tOeHRrdHV4OXFYcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9