World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DirectX error

Hi there,

I'm trying to launch WoW, however either with normal Wine and Crossover I get a directx error message. And yes I have installed DirectX9 in the WoW Bottle.

I have a optimus graphics card (Dell XPS15) if that may help. I have already installed Ironhide though.

Any help will be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Devator wrote:

Hi there,

I'm trying to launch WoW, however either with normal Wine and
Crossover I get a directx error message. And yes I have installed
DirectX9 in the WoW Bottle.

I have a optimus graphics card (Dell XPS15) if that may help. I have
already installed Ironhide though.

Any help will be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

According to this site:

http://content.dell.com/us/en/home/d/help-me-choose/hmc-nvdia-graphics.aspx?dgc=CO&cid=63294&lid=1585388

Your laptop can come with a very wide range of graphics cards. We will need to know which one you have on board before we can help you. After that, we'll need to know which Linux distro you are running and which graphics cards you are using. Finally, we'll need to know how you installed World of Warcraft.

I am haveing the same issue running Fedora 16.

Computer
Processor 4x AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
Memory 16436MB (1522MB used)
Operating System Fedora release 16 (Verne)
User Name
Date/Time Sun 18 Mar 2012 04:40:33 PM EDT

Display
Resolution 1920x1200 pixels
OpenGL Renderer GeForce GTX 260/PCI/SSE2
X11 Vendor Fedora Project

Multimedia
Audio Adapter USB-Audio - Microsoft® LifeCam HD-5000
Audio Adapter HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia

Input Devices
AT Translated Set 2 keyboard
Logitech Optical USB Mouse
Microsoft® LifeCam HD-5000
Printers (CUPS)
Lexmark_S300S400_Series Default

SCSI Disks
ATA OCZ-VERTEX2
ATA WDC WD10EARS-00M
PHILIPS SPD3600CC
Lexmark USB Mass Storage
Generic Flash HS-CF
Generic Flash HS-COMBO
Generic STORAGE DEVICE

I am having the same issue.

Running Centos 6
NVIDIA GEForce GTX 560 Ti
NVidia Driver Installed
DirectX (Modern) Installed in Warcraft bottle

Have you tried running it with the OpenGL string? add this to your Config.wtf file SET gxAPI "OpenGL" WoW runs great this way. I would run in Directx myself but wine does not properly recognize my GPU. This might be your issue also.

In Fedora 17 64 bit, I get the same error. My system is as follows:

Quad-core AMD Phenom II 3.0ghz
Nvidia GTS 250 1GB VRAM
4 GB RAM

My WoW install was done in a fresh bottle in Crossover 11.1.0. I have tried manually installing the DirectX Runtime through crossover with no luck. I also seem to be having difficulty to get OpenGL mode working (although it might be just me being unable to remember how exactly to switch to openGL mode).

I think I found it (atleast, for nVidia cards). According to here: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=253556 it appears to be a missing package, xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686. yum install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686 should fix it.

Hibba

Hibba wrote:

I think I found it (atleast, for nVidia cards). According to here:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=253556 it appears to
be a missing package, xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686. yum install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686
should fix it.

Hibba

That fixed it for me!

Hibba wrote:

I think I found it (atleast, for nVidia cards). According to here:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=253556 it appears to
be a missing package, xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686. yum install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686
should fix it.

Hibba

Does anyone know the equivalent package under Debian and apt?

Thanks.

Have some problem on Ubuntu 12.10

How fix it?

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidDdOS1VyN05ldU1XR3BteCIsImdkcHIiOjB9