World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

64-Bit Crossover/Wine and 64-Bit WoW client?

Since the 64-bit client for WoW released earlier this month, are there any updates on the 64-bit version of Crossover?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3988300405

While the 64-bit client isn't fully supported yet by Blizzard, it would be nice to see if it'll run any better on my system having better access to all the resources it has to give the client.

Right now, it doesn't appear to work in Wine-64, but give how new it is, it's not entirely unexpected.

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=29584

I have myself been trying to get the 64bit Client running but with not much luck, I will try and keep you posted.

Hello,

If you are trying to run WoW client 64bit through crossover then you will not succeed. Why? Because you are trying to run a 64bit executable in what is basically a 32bit environment. Even on 64bit platforms crossover will make use of the so called 32bit compatibility libs.

When you load the launcher you can select the 32 bit version or just use the wow.exe from your install folder.

If you already knew this sorry for stating the obvious.

Work started this year on a 64 bit version of wine. Which, confusingly includes a component named WoW as well (or maybe it's WOW all capitals, it stands for Windows32onWindows64). Wine64bit

There is no CrossOver 64bit proper at the moment. When you run CrossOver in a 64-bit environment CrossOver itself maybe 64-bit but the Wine (and Windows) processes it spawns are using the 32-bit libraries. Considering that until recently Windows XP was the most installed version of Windows and XP is 32-bit only there wasn't much reason to develop Wine 64 bit in the past.

The next major version of wine might include the 64 bit version.

Windows 64bit has a wow64 its the windows or system32 for 64 bit.

I have been trying to compile 64bit wine to work as a x86_x64 version on 64bit mint however i have had no luck.

so i just say use 32bit wow for now.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRmFuU215N1lnNUJCQ3ZDUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9