World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Low FPS on WoW only

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 with the latest 11.3.0 Crossover.

I recently upgraded my graphics card from a GTS-250 to a GTX-660 Ti.
Current driver is 310.14, but I have tried many others from the 304 range as well.

On Diablo 3 everything works great with max settings, but WoW is at 10 fps unless it is on the lowest settings. Wow is also not recognizing the shader so I have no options for the effects that use the shader.

Since everything but WoW is working I am at a loss as to how to make it utilize the much better graphics.

Does this happen during fights (raids) or even when idling? Did you try resetting the graphics options to their default values? What happens when you start the game in OpenGL mode? Is your card running at max speed? Powermizer feature may fail to "recognize" WoW as "worthy" of speeding up

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Does this happen during fights (raids) or even when idling? Did you
try resetting the graphics options to their default values? What
happens when you start the game in OpenGL mode? Is your card running
at max speed? Powermizer feature may fail to "recognize" WoW as
"worthy" of speeding up

It happens at all times. Even when sitting alone in the middle of nowhere. Each time I tried a different driver the graphics options were reset to the default values. The settings are for it running in OpenGL, if that is what you mean. It was initially opening in DirextX mode, but that was causing an immediate crash. The Config.wtf was changed to OpenGL to get that issue resolved.

Powermizer has been set to max at all times and that made no difference either. I have also disabled Sync to VBlank since I know that can at times limit fps. That worked great for the fps in glxspheres and gears, but made no difference in WoW.

At the lowest settings it is playable with good fps, even in raids, BG's and arena's, but increasing any setting instantly kills the fps to 10.

Does adjusting the 'OpenGL Settings' To 'High Performance' in the Nvidia control panel effect the issue?

How much RAM does the card have? If it has a nice chipset but not enough RAM you might need to reduce the resolution to get max FPS.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicHl2VkpDZkJ6ZHdweWdhNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9