World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

<Solved>CXLinux 12.0 and WoW fresh install problem

Hi all,

I seem to be having a little trouble installing WoW in CXLinux 12.0. I use the crosstie installer and it installs the dependencies, but when it gets to WoW itself, it loads the initial installer window (The one with the big red "Install" button on it, with "Manual" and "Support" under it), but none of the buttons work. I can't get a response from clicking on anything, including the close/minimize buttons in the upper-right corner. I can't even drag the window.

My specs:
Linux Mint 13 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
4GB RAM

Is this happening to anyone else? Or maybe it's just something on my machine. Either way, it's not a real big deal at the moment. I can use my Cata DVD to get the client installed, then patch it from there. I was just wondering if maybe I stumbled across a bug in the current release of CXLinux.

Thanks,

Hibba.

EDIT: Now fixed, both in the crosstie and in Crossover's installer program.

I haven't heard of this problem before. Can you file a support ticket? Be sure to include information about your window manager, maybe some input events aren't coming through.

Hi,
I have the exact same problem with Linux Mint 14 64bit. Sadly I only got the digital version if WoW, so I can't install from dvd.

I just found out that if you download the latest client installer from Blizzard, it seems to work without a hitch. If you don't know where to find it, it'll be in Account, then click on World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria under "Your Game Accounts," and then Download Game Client, which should be the second to last item in the little blue list on the left.

Hibba

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV3BCcnNkUzlISkhYTUFOQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9