World of Warcraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WoW 1.12.1 and CrossOver 12.0

Hi,
I'm trying to run Vanilla WoW (1.12.1) on Ubuntu 12.10 (and previously on 12.04) with CrossOver from the USC (activated version). I used the WoW prefix in CrossOver and after installation and login I had smooth game with maxed details but after a few minutes the games is slowing down and becoming unplayable (it always runs for 5-10fps and the it get's better, then it slows down again etc.). I tried to edit the registry (like in the Arch wiki), lowering details etc. nothing helps...

I have Intel 4000 GPU (i7 CPU, 4GB RAM, SSD etc.) with MESA 9.0 so I can't install any other graphical drivers... Any advice?

(BTW It does the same with Wine 1.4/1.5)

Does it slow down from one second to another, or is it a gradual slowdown?

Both. The slowdown is gradual with huge drops every 10 seconds or so (then it gets better and everything repeats). I just checked that it happens on Chakra Linux (Arch) too, so it's not distro specific.

Can you file a support ticket and mention this forum thread? If other users had a similar issue, our support Ninjas will recognize the issue. If not, the best bet to isolating the problems is to profile the process with oprofile to see what slows it down.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidE50ck5aYVZzZXNCNUZucCIsImdkcHIiOjB9